PATENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
Payam Rabiei, U.S. patents (US8,900,899B2 – US9,111,730B2 – US9,229,158B2) on “Method of production of optical waveguides and coupling and devices made from the same”.
Payam Rabiei, US9,746,608B1, “Integrated optical assembly apparatus and integrated coupler fabrication method”.
Payam Rabiei, US9,746,743B1, “Electro-optic modulator devices and method of fabrication”.
Payam Rabiei, US10,663,661, “Apparatus for Bonding Polished Surfaces and Advanced Substrates Made from the Same”.
Payam Rabiei, “Electro-optic electric field sensor and method of fabrication”, filed 2020.
- S. Toroghi and P. Rabiei, “Thin film lithium niobate electric field sensors,” Review of Scientific Instruments 93, 034702, 2022.
- J. Rollinson, M. Hella, S. Toroghi, P. Rabiei, and I. Wilke, “Thin-film lithium niobate modulators for non-invasive sensing of high-frequency electric fields,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, 38, 336-341, 2021.https://www.osapublishing.org/josab/abstract.cfm?uri=josab-38-2-336
- Seyfollah Toroghi; John Rollinson; Mona Hella; Ingrid Wilke; Payam Rabiei, “Thin film lithium niobate optical modulators for THz frequency applications” Proc. of SPIE Vol. 11279 112791R-1, 2020. https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-proceedings-of-spie/11279/112791R/Thin-film-lithium-niobate-optical-modulators-for-THz-frequency-applications/10.1117/12.2546735.short?SSO=1
- Rao, M. Malinowski, A. Honardoost, J. R. Talukder, P. Rabiei, P. J. Delfyett, and S. Fathpour, “Second-harmonic generation in periodically-poled thin film lithium niobate wafer-bonded on silicon” Optics Express, 24, pp. 29941, 2016. https://www.osapublishing.org/abstract.cfm?uri=FiO-2016-FTh5G.7
- Rao, A. Pail, J. Chiles, M. Malinowski, S. Novak, K.A. Richardson, P. Rabiei, S. Fathpour, “Heterogeneous microring and Mach-Zehnder modulators based on lithium niobate and chalcogenide glasses on silicon“, Optics Express, 23, pp.22746, 2015. https://www.osapublishing.org/oe/abstract.cfm?uri=oe-23-17-22746
- Rabiei, A. Rao, J. Chiles, J. Ma, S. Fathpour,“Low-loss and high index-contrast tantalum pentoxide micro-ring resonators and grating couplers on silicon substrates,” Optics Letters, 39, pp. 5379, 2014. https://www.osapublishing.org/ol/abstract.cfm?uri=ol-39-18-5379
- Rabiei, J. Ma, S. Khan, J. Chiles, and S. Fathpour, “Heterogeneous Lithium niobate photonics on silicon,” Optics Express, 21, pp 25573, 2013. https://www.osapublishing.org/oe/abstract.cfm?uri=oe-21-21-25573
- Rabiei, J. Ma, S. Khan, J. Chiles, and S. Fathpour, “Sub-micron optical waveguide and micro-ring resonators fabricated by selective oxidation of tantalum,” Optics Express, 21, pp. 6967, 2013. https://www.osapublishing.org/oe/abstract.cfm?uri=oe-21-6-6967
- Rabiei, W.H. Steier, “Lithium niobate ridge waveguide modulators fabricated using smart guide,” Applied Physics Letters, 86, pp. 161115, 2005. http://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.1906311?journalCode=apl
- Rabiei, P. Gunter, “Optical and electro-optical properties of sub-micrometer lithium niobate slab waveguides prepared by crystal ion slicing and wafer bonding,” Applied Physics Letters, 85, pp. 4603, 2004. http://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.1819527?journalCode=apl
- Rabiei, J. Ma, J. Chiles, and S. Fathpour, “Lithium niobate photonics on silicon substrates,” IEEE Photonics Conference 2014 (Invited paper). http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6995327/
- Rabiei, J. Ma, S. Khan, J. Chiles, and S. Fathpour, “Thin-Film Mach-Zehnder Lithium Niobate Optical Modulator with Vπ.L of 4V.cm,”Presented at ECOC 2013.
- http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6647778/Rabiei, J. Ma, S. Khan, J. Chiles, and S. Fathpour, “Heterogeneous lithium niobate on silicon photonics,” Presented at AVFOP 2013.
- Rabiei, J. Ma, S. Khan, J. Chiles, and S. Fathpour, “High Q y-cut thin film lithium niobate micro-resonators,” Presented at Conference on Lasers and Electro Optics, 2013.